Saving For Soldiers (Extreme Couponing To Benefit Our Troops)

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Jewelgirl04 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Saving for Soldiers (Extreme Couponing to benefit our Troops)

Hi, everyone! Thanks to AFC, over the last month or so, I've become really good at matching up coupons for free deals on different supermarket/supercenter items. I know that extreme couponing to the point of shelf clearing for the sake of doing so is not encouraged here, so instead of stockpiling crazy amounts of razors that my family will NEVER go through in our lifetime, I'd like to give these free products to a group of people who really need and deserve them.

In honor of my grandfather, an Army Air Corps (the Air Force BEFORE they were the Air Force) veteran who passed away this past March, I plan on putting together boxes of donations for our troops overseas.

But since I can only buy so many newspapers and print so many coupons, if you go through the inserts and clip all you need to the point where you have extras, please feel free to pass the surplus you don't think you will use onto me.

While WE can't use expired coupons, the troops can still use them at military commissaries for up to six months after their expiration date. I am also happy to accept those, but PLEASE make sure you separate the expired coupons from the current ones if they are sent/given in the same envelope. THANK YOU!

If you would like to send anything to me by mail, please post here and I will be happy to message you an address to send them to. At the moment, I do not have a P.O. Box available, but if enough people who I'm not formally acquainted with wish to participate, I will look into getting one.

Please feel free to check out the public facebook group for my efforts and pass it onto your friends, especially those who are anti-couponing! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134302533312230

Thanks for all of your support! I appreciate all of your help and I know that the troops overseas will, as well.

The following items are currently in high demand, so please make sure to be on the lookout for these:

Batteries

Body Powder

Candy (Hard candies)

Cereal (Small boxes)

Chapstick

Coffee packets

Conditioner

Cookies

Deodorant

Eye Drops

Feminine Products

Foot Powder

Granola/Cereal Bars

Medical Items (aspirin, cough syrup, band-aids, etc)

Microwave Foods

Mouthwash (Small Bottles)

Protein Bars

Q Tips

Razors

Shaving Cream

Small Powdered Drink Mix

Sugar Free Items

Sunscreen

Tea bags

Tissue Pocket Packages

Toilet Paper

Toothbrushes

Wipes
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement