Adopt A Soldier

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 PM

RE: Adopt a Soldier

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
This is another great way to help! Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Inlvwcats For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Inlvwcats has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlvwcats
This is another great way to help! Thank you!
I found my solider so now I'm collecting the items for my box. I'm so excited! I love using couponing to support others. I cannot thank you enough for sharing this with us. I love that they each give you a list for what they are in need of or are wanting to receive. It's so much more personal!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Bumping this! They need adoptees soooooooooo bad! Share your bounty with men and women who need it. As soon at PX's get items in they are gone the same day. Imagine poor women with no tampons because the military store is out. Some units are far from px's and don't get to them more than once a month. They take showers everyday in the heat. Body wash is always needed, deodorant, razors and shave cream. Tuck in a couple paper backs. They get used believe me! Passed from soldier to soldier! One box a month is what most commitments are. You will feel so good doing this! Mail call is so important to these people! And a box of needed items makes their month!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmergal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 12:21 PM

taking a break

My Mood/Status:
vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank you all so much for this! I am on my second adopted soldier and now my SIL is in Afghanistan so I send several boxes a month. They truly appreciate everything! Somethings I might add to your lists are:

ziploc type baggies, gallon size preferred
lip balm, preferably medicated but any is appreciated
sun screen
sunflower seeds (small packets that will fit in their pockets or send snack size baggies as well for this type of thing)

It's better if you put liquids in a baggie (like shampoo or bodywash) to keep it from getting all over everything if the lid opens.

They also love letters! You don't have to know them but they love to read about normal everyday stuff. Our adopted soliders know all our dogs and our cat very well .

Also, if you get the priority mail box that states "military" on it, it is only $12.95 to ship instead of $14.95.

I get stuck in a rut of sending the same things all the time so I always welcome new ideas!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Thad (18)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 6
and 1

The Following User Says Thank You to vnme99 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 01:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
N8ntara2 has posted more than 100 good deals!N8ntara2 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Signed up. The holidays are coming. These brave men and women deserve our help! That's the least we can do. My hubby is AD AF so this is a topic close to my heart!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N8ntara2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have to share a story with you.

We sent out over 100 Christmas cards back in 1992 through Operation Dear Abby. Aka Abigail van buren. We had alot of responses but only 4 soliders who wanted to continue writing letters as penpals. My mom held out the 4 cards who wanted to keep writing because she couldn't handle more than 1 ( at the time she had 150 penpals)

I selected the smallest card. It was a very wonderful man who was stationed in Guam and was originally from the south. We Have corresponded ever since! He helped me through alot of teenage angst. Including promising to come kick my rear end should I ever get pregnant without getting married first ! I grew up in an emotionally abusive home and most my siblings have turned out badly. (drugs, excessive drinking, multiple partners, etc) I was blessed enough to have this navy man in my life! My dh often credits my becoming such a great person to my navy man.

This navy man is still a HUGE part of my life. He even "adopted" me in 1995. We even refer to him as my poppa and I'm his wacky daughter. (btw, I'm an only child and always will be because he and his wife cannot conceive)

So, if you weren't convinced to send anything before to the men and women serving before I encourage it! I'm so glad they still do these programs!
Fubu
and Stealth
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babymk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 11:15 PM

You can never have too many coupons.

My Mood/Status:
jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jennybellinc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Id love to do this thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennybellinc For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 AM

if I owe you feedback please let me...

My Mood/Status:
thebramblett4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thebramblett4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thebramblett4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thebramblett4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thebramblett4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thebramblett4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks do much for the info. I just started couponing but already have a few things on stockpile. Since my husband is AF and actually home this year, I think we will as a family pick a few soldiers and do this! Once again thanks do much for sharing

Happy Holidays!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebramblett4 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2011, 04:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kimmergal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I put together a "Thanksgiving Dinner Box" for my soldiers. In a large flat rate box I put in:
2 cans of chicken breast, 1 can chicken gravy, 2 pkgs Idahoan instant mashed potatoes, 1 can corn, can cranberries, can sweet potatoes, 2 cans green beans, 1 can cream of mush. soup, can dried onions for green bean casserole, can apple pie filling plus 1 large ziploc bowl and 2 small ziploc bowls. Made out a menu card. All that's needed is a can opener and a microwave.

Happy Veteran's day to all our Veteran's and families!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmergal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ambernicole4 has posted more than 100 good deals!ambernicole4 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thank you so much! My children were wanting to each adopt a soldier and I didn't know where to start.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM

Working on it!

My Mood/Status:
poloponyrider has posted more than 25 good deals
Bumping this up because SOLDIERS ANGELS Soldiers' Angels - May No Soldier Go Unloved is a wonderful organization! If you can't afford to (or don't want to) fully adopt a soldier, you can request a name for a one time care package. They have letter writing teams, card teams, all sorts of things!

My adopted is in Afghanistan. I recently took advantage of the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale and got 75% off lotions and body wash. I'm sending her a box later this week.
mom to Connor
(4-20-09)
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 AM

busy

itsmwah has posted more than 10 good deals
Coupons To Troops allows you to adopt a family which is great. i love the site!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:36 AM

milly&maggie has posted more than 1 good deal
I absolutely LOVE this idea! My grandfather was in the army so it is very important to me. I already send usually 2 huge manilla envelopes of expired coupons to Coups for the Troops each month but I would love to get involved in this too!! Thanks for having this great thread Going to sign up right now!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 PM

Excited
CONDUCTOR OF HOMESCHOOLING MOMS

My Mood/Status:
llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!llamabenita has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Is this still active