Please Adopt A Soldier

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lenusya1964 has posted more than 5 good deals
Please adopt a soldier

My son`s unit was deployed to Afghanistan yesterday. Please adopt a soldier from his unit!!! Their address is :
HHC 1-50 1st IN
FOB Sharana Afghanistan
APO AE 09311
Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lenusya1964 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 PM

RE: Please adopt a soldier

My Mood/Status:
debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank you so much o this post. SIL is at camp liberty and is on a 12-15 month tour. We have adopted all his buddies and he has just recieved hi 1st 4 boxes today. We are so very proud of all troops serving and for the families who support them. Thanks again and Gods speed to all.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 PM

is wishing she could lose weight as fast as she saves money!!!

My Mood/Status:
mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mskayjay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
How do you do this? I mean I know you buy/get stuff and package it up, but when you try to send stuff they give you such a hard time! Is that address a US base that then forwards the stuff to the men and women?

Also, what kind of stuff are they looking for please?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!debc60 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can contact your local Veterans Affairs Officer to get the Name and address for local trrops from your area. Then use the info to send whatever is recommended by them. You can also get info from USPS website as to needs and packaging regulations. The Patriot Guard also has a website with alot of useful ideas and info. I will talk to my daughter today and update with more info. Thank You so much for your help and wanting to respond to our Troops.
The Following User Says Thank You to debc60 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2009, 05:03 PM

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskayjay View Post
How do you do this? I mean I know you buy/get stuff and package it up, but when you try to send stuff they give you such a hard time! Is that address a US base that then forwards the stuff to the men and women?

Also, what kind of stuff are they looking for please?
I send things all of the time and the USPS here hasn't given me any trouble. The easiest way is to fill a flat rate box, fill out the customs form. I get my addresses from AnySoldier.com, you can sort the requests according to where the units are from, units with females, new requests, you name it. I try to send 1 a week.

You can post here too and ask for an address of a family member of the AFC family! There are several threads on here about what is good to send. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am so far behind I think I'm First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susuz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
rmfowler has posted more than 75 good deals!
Is there anything specific that they really enjoy that is hard for them to get when they are on tour? I've never done this (sadly), but I am really interested, even if I can just manage to do one box (I am a full time college student without a car). I'd love some suggestions as to what to include.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I adopted a soldier through an organization called Soldier's Angels. We send letters and packages each month. Lots of the free/cheap things I buy through AFC's information is sent. I send HBA, snacks, candy, etc. They really appreciate it!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 AM

Saving Away The Hours Today!

My Mood/Status:
FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!
I just adopted a couple of females who are asking for HBA stuff, which I have a TON of. Hope they will love it!

If what I have posted has helped you, please let me know, click "Thanks" below.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM

Getting settled in my new house!

My Mood/Status:
armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I really need to do this! I keep saying I'm going to and then for some reason or another I don't. I'm going to stop procrastinating and do it. Such a good idea!
SAHM to DS(7)

and DS(5)

Old 05-06-2011, 11:48 PM

Thankful, and oh so blessed!
Looser of Marbles

My Mood/Status:
~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susuz View Post
I send things all of the time and the USPS here hasn't given me any trouble. The easiest way is to fill a flat rate box, fill out the customs form. I get my addresses from AnySoldier.com, you can sort the requests according to where the units are from, units with females, new requests, you name it. I try to send 1 a week.

You can post here too and ask for an address of a family member of the AFC family! There are several threads on here about what is good to send. Good luck!
Anyone else used this site? I haven't heard of it before, but would like to help with this effort.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:17 AM

cwessling has posted more than 50 good deals
Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!!! It's so sad that I never used my brain that there might actually be a website out there other than just places that take collections. I will be adopting several. I have a huge stock pile only because I've been couponing for so long and you know how the same ole thing can add up! I have so many hygiene products I could send and would be happy to purchase "fun" stuff with RR to put a smile on a soldiers face, it's the least I could do. Thanks again & I will be packing things asap!! This is amazing