View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 PM

RE: Talk Spot: Tell Us About Your Shopping Trip!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Took a trip last Wednesday. On one of the aisles it got a little hairy trying to navigate around the other shoppers. At one particular pass, I had to get around an older couple. In the process, I learned a lot about this couple. The man was retired Navy of twenty years, served in Vietnam. This couple was very interesting to listen to because they had many years of experience in life situations.

One of the things that peaked my attention was when they told me that each month, they along with a few members of their church go to an area (I can't remember the name) where soldiers are shortly shipping out for overseas. The ladies bake around 8,000 cookies for the soldiers (2 per soldier) and then talk to them (every month). They let them know that they appreciate their service and care about they are doing. The man also said that he helps them because he knows what they are doing and what are going through before a deployment. The woman said that one young man said she looked like his grandma and he wanted a hug.

This warmed my heart because this couple were really making a difference in helping others. These may seem small, but it means so much to these soldiers. Some don't have supportive families, so this might be the greatest encouragement they get from home.

Have you met someone like this lately? Remember to thank a veteran, it is amazing how many have sacrificed their time, talents, and knowledge in fighting for freedom. Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Love Couponing and Helping Others? Join the Team of Forum Leaders Today!...Click Link Below...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 03-28-2015 at 06:38 PM.