View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM

RE: Is Purina One Cat food bad?

Team Free Will!!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydoly13 View Post
Good to know that Purina also has a UTI formula - not every cat owner is aware of this condition and it's VERY costly to have a vet treat it once it happens. And that's only IF you catch it in time - many times it can be lethal.

I'm not sure why the other kitten died, could be any number of reasons.

What I mean by moisture is the moisture content of the food. For example - the dry food has very little moisture so 2 oz of it is much more nutrient dense than 2 oz of canned food. So you can't feed them in equal portions - if you take away the dry completely, you may need to feed the regular small can of food PLUS 4 more oz of canned since it has such a high moisture content. I don't know what exactly you are feeding, so don't know the conversion, but kinda think of it like eating soup versus a thick hearty sandwich. The sandwich will stick with you longer, keep you fuller longer, where as the soup will fill you up but over time you might eventually lose weight because you are consuming so much liquid that doesn't pack quite the same punch. I don't know that I'm explaining it very well but I hope you get my point.

You also mentioned that you were off work today - do you normally work during the day?? So you don't really know how much he sleeps? It's VERY normal for a cat to sleep 75% or more of their day away. Especially as they get older, out of that playful kitten stage. I would still take him to the vet, have him checked, wormed, maybe even vaccinated. You are on the right track, you can also ask them about a good feeding schedule, amount to feed him, etc.

Oh I didn't consider the differences wet vs. dry....I will have to look at the can and bag to see how much more wet I should feed. They always list crude protein and such!

Yes I always work day shift and am home at night....I have every weekend off. Normally during my days off he is lively and follows me around on my chores and such. I also cleaned out his cat box and only found two small-ish clumps. Normally there is ummm both kinds in there and multiple clumps so I am just concerned across the board .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
work, couponing, housework, and my sweet girl