View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM

RE: Is Purina One Cat food bad?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good to know that Purina also has a UTI formula - not every cat owner is aware of this condition and it's VERY costly to have a vet treat it once it happens. And that's only IF you catch it in time - many times it can be lethal.

I'm not sure why the other kitten died, could be any number of reasons.

What I mean by moisture is the moisture content of the food. For example - the dry food has very little moisture so 2 oz of it is much more nutrient dense than 2 oz of canned food. So you can't feed them in equal portions - if you take away the dry completely, you may need to feed the regular small can of food PLUS 4 more oz of canned since it has such a high moisture content. I don't know what exactly you are feeding, so don't know the conversion, but kinda think of it like eating soup versus a thick hearty sandwich. The sandwich will stick with you longer, keep you fuller longer, where as the soup will fill you up but over time you might eventually lose weight because you are consuming so much liquid that doesn't pack quite the same punch. I don't know that I'm explaining it very well but I hope you get my point.

You also mentioned that you were off work today - do you normally work during the day?? So you don't really know how much he sleeps? It's VERY normal for a cat to sleep 75% or more of their day away. Especially as they get older, out of that playful kitten stage. I would still take him to the vet, have him checked, wormed, maybe even vaccinated. You are on the right track, you can also ask them about a good feeding schedule, amount to feed him, etc.
Andrew, Mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following User Says Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post: