View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:40 PM

RE: Is Purina One Cat food bad?

Team Free Will!!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydoly13 View Post
There are a couple of things to know/remember when feeding cat food - one, cats are very susceptible to a urinary tract infection and I always recommend feeding something that addresses this issue. I believe Iams is pretty decent in that dept unless they've already had the infection then you need to go to a prescription diet. The other thing - if you feed wet/canned food, you need to increase the amount you offer them because of the difference in moisture. When the moisture content goes up, they are getting less nutrition per ounce.

You know your cats best but also remember that it's very common for cats to sleep ALOT.
I read about the UTI problem with cats so the Purina One I bought was the urinary health kind. I have some Iams q's so I may switch to that since I am very unnerved about Purina right now.

What do you mean by difference in moisture? Do you mean the increase in moisture via the weather...like snow? I normally give them a scoop (about 2oz) of dry cat food and 1 can, the tiny ones not the big ones like Friskies, morning and night. He isn't a year old yet and I really have no idea how often to feed him! Also it's not normal for him to sleep so much! He is usually a very active and playful kitty who only seems to sleep at night....he's never slept so much that I know of! I was off today and we played around this morning but since about noon he's done nothing but sleep and it's 6:40pm right now and he's still asleep! He didn't even jump or flinch when the vacuum was turned on and he normally freaks out!

Some back story: Mamma cat gave birth in my house, she is a feral cat, and I raised her kittens since it was in February and they would have died outside. Of the 5 cats I got 2 of them good homes and the other 3 were let outside at 12 weeks since my landlord forbids animals. Sandy was killed by a car during the summer and for (seemingly) no reason at all Buddy was found dead one morning. I immediatly threw caution to the wind and said "To hell with the lease I won't lose my Zazzles too!" he's been inside ever since. I plan to get him an appointment with the vet tomorrow to get him checked out.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
work, couponing, housework, and my sweet girl