View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 AM

RE: Planning for a baby

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can do it in ways that is SUPER expensive and ways that are ALOT less expensive. It all depends on your expectations. For example - we have a baby due in a couple months and I have probably a years worth of clothes that I spent MAYBE $200 on because I shopped on craigslist/facebook rummage sites and goodwill in order to buy a lot of 2nd hand clothing. I get GOOD quality items for no more than $3, many of them were around the $1 to $1.50 mark. I also shopped for some other used items like the crib/swing/bathing chair. I have some disposable diapers that I've bought on the cheap, but plan to do mostly cloth diapering, which is supposed to save money. Also breast feeding is much cheaper than formula feeding. I've even known women who can't breast feed because of physical/work limitations but they pumped 100% of their milk, never bought formula and saved a TON that way. And I shop sales, so for the things I HAD TO HAVE new, like the carseat, I bought on a good sale.

Oh and I'm turning an old desk of mine into a changing table/dresser and an old bookshelf into a storage type cabinet (buying baskets to sit on the shelves) and that way I have more storage for baby clothes and I'm not buying a ton of furniture. If you are creative and don't insist on being a diva and having all new - there are a lot of ways you can save money.

And like spoiledtcangel said - be careful when you put too much planning into this - some ppl get prego right away and have no issues. Others of us, not so lucky. I spent more on trying to get prego/losing our first than I have spent on preparing for our second. I hope our stories are the minority - but when you get jaded by some of this stuff, you kinda want to forewarn others.
Andrew, Mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many