View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:46 AM

RE: keeping a crate warm for dogs?

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajun777 View Post
That sounds like an intestinal foreign body waiting to happen.

I would agree with the suggestion of keeping their crates near interior walls. You can also cover any windows and exterior doors to decrease drafts.

If the small dog wears her coat, that should help keep her warm. As for the puppy, 60 lbs and growing, he should be able to acclimate to the temp. He does have a fur coat after all.
You are quite right. I actually asked the vet, they said he should be fine.
Hes a lab pit mix, hes a big boy (a power house) and he has quite the fur coat on him.

I actually took him to the dog wash yesterday and there we realized he has a LOT of fur. He clogged the drain FIVE times! I was going to get a furminator, but I'm told that removes a layer of the undercoat which is something he is going to need!

Little dog burrows, she always has. Vet said probably because shes tiny (and a weirdo)

The biggest problem we have is that there is literally NO insulation. None, nada, zip zilch. I swear its sheetrock and plywood between us and outside, so we cant just cover the windows (which I do anyways) its the actual house itself.
We rent, and the landlord has promised us to at least start with foamboard insulation and attic rolled insulation (DF will do the attic himself if he has to) hopefully we can get their room done first!

And no.. we try to avoid him eating or chewing ANYTHING. We dont know if he swallows what he chews, but we arent risking an obstruction. I still have 4000$ in medical bills from when I broke my feet, I am NOT trying to have emergency surgery on this dog!

I bought booties for little dog on a side note.. she hates them! (Oh well!)

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act