View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 01:06 AM

RE: keeping a crate warm for dogs?

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Is the crate solid on the bottom? If so a heating pad under it may help. I am uncertain how safe that would be though. With one of them being a chewer, its tough to think of something that might help. You've probably already done this but move the crate to an interior wall, that will help.

I grew up with doxies, they are very sweet dogs. All three used to love to snuggle under blankets. On loved to sit right in front of the heater vent. He would hear it kick on and then run right to it! Every year he would get a nasty surprise when we turned the air conditioning on.
Yes, puppy is 60+ lbs (he goes to the vet fo a check up today actually) and a pittie/lab mix.
Pennie (the black one) is 16lbs and a jack russell/chi mix, we THINK. Shes not a doxie shes too fat and tall

She would probably tolerate a heating pad simply because she likes warmth, but the puppy chews everything. Hes destroyed kong toys, his metal water bowl, a swiffer, half of our chain link fence, he chewed through part of a wooden pallet i had herbs growingi in on the porch in the back.
He does all of this in less than five minutes! (except the bowl.. that he did while we were out)

My cat runs right to the vents.. hes a weirdo. He hates the heat coming out but will lay on the vent if its a/c!

Crate is interior wall, we have both the airplane crate kind and a wire kennel crate. He is playing outside 8+ hours a day, so hes not bored or anything.. hes just a chewer.

I even caught him chewing on walker! Little pooper!
I thought about maybe an electric blanket with a timer UNDER the crates but the problem is it will shut off and I can't fold the blanket so he cant get to it (as thats an electrical hazard)

I am going to look into all of the options. I tried posting this mobile last night.. I didnt realize the post posted, the app is glitchy and said it failed!

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act