View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:36 AM
is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
keeping a crate warm for dogs?

Our house is extremely poorly insulated.
I'm mostly stuck in the room (two broken feet, a fractured bone in the ankle area, stomach surgery recently..) so it's no big deal to us to be in here with a tiny space heater.

But, our two dogs I worry about with the cold.

We can't afford a 500$ a month heating bill in this tiny shack.. but we cant exactly leave a space heater in their room going all night.

We can't bring them in our room (no space, especially with my wheel chair) and they both have to sleep in their crates at night.

I tried covering their crates with a blanket.. no go. The puppy ate about half the blanket.
I tried an electric blanket under the crates with a blanket on top, propped up.

No go, they were both eaten by puppy again.

Both are anxiety chewers and 60lb puppy is just a puppy chewer.
I'm out of ideas. We can't put a blanket or pad in his box.. We can't get him to wear a coat, he destroys EVERYTHING.

Then there's little dog who is 16lbs. She's a chewer but has a baby blanket in her crate and will sleep in her coat, but she shivers when it hits 70.

It routinely gets to 48 in the house..what can we do?

They can't sleep in bed with us either.. it's a nightmare!

I need all the suggestions I can get, I feel terrible! (But hey..at least the insulation is being done right?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20131025_043615.jpg (19.0 KB, 51 views)

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post: