Thread: kids chores?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 AM

RE: kids chores?

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
When I was young I was always expected to do chores, probably starting as soon as I could walk! I never got allowance but if I wanted money for a treat like ice cream, I could shine my dads shoes It always paid the same as a cone cost at the corner deli! LOL

My children have always had chores, some regular, weekly stuff and others not. DD14 just took over trash duty last month when her brother left for college. She also now has to clean her bathroom all the time but she's not sharing it either.

They both always had to keep their rooms orderly and have laundry ready (not inside out, pockets empty, sorted). DD just started doing her laundry (only bc DH wouldn't let her...ugh).

DS mows the lawn, DD weed whacks or sweeps. DD dusts, DS vacuums. (DH has taken over DS jobs).

I get extras done as punishments. For DD nothing worked, in part bc of her ODD. So now a slammed door gets my countertops cleared and cleaned, talking back gets my baseboards cleaned, etc...

I don't give allowance. They make out better in the long run probably!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post: