Thread: kids chores?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:43 AM

RE: kids chores?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I don't have kids so my answer is from me personally. I always had chores, as long as I can remember. I had to clean my room, help with the pets, clean the bathroom, help with the dishes and then put them away, and bring my laundry downstairs to be washed and then fold it and put it away when it was done. We also had a play room/video game area in the basement which we had to clean.

My parents also did antique shows so I was required to help them set up and take money accurately. I knew how to add purchases, figure tax and make change by the time I was 10 without a register/calculator.

When I was 14 I started to make dinner every night and plan what my mom would buy for groceries that week. I didn't have to do it but it was a good way to get to eat what I wanted and I love to cook. My mom hated cooking so she decided I could cook and she would do the dishes. Worked out well for both of us.

I was also never given an allowance. I was part of the family, made messes and was expected to help clean up. I earned money by helping above and beyond my chores (like raking the yard without being asked) and working for my grandmother.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seirith For This Useful Post: