Thread: kids chores?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 06:17 AM

RE: kids chores?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My little guy is 4 1/2 and he's been helping since he was able to besides cleaning up toys and his room. He's actually been more of a help without us even asking since I got pregnant because he understands as mommy got bigger it was harder to get stuff done .
We don't have a chart or anything we just verbally tell him when stuff needs to be done and there's no allowance because kids should help around the house, you're paying for the house, food and everything else .

Here's just a few things he does I know your son is older but I'm a proud momma of a 4 year old who does so much so I'm gonna brag hehehehe....

After I fold towels he goes in the bathroom with the empty basket and puts whatever dirty towels are on the floor in the basket.
I fold his clothes but he puts the stuff in drawers while I hang shirts.
When I come home with groceries he puts away whatever he can reach to the fridge and cabinets. On a side/funny note, after watching me put away stockpile for years he's become OCD too and knows momma likes everything facing the same way he'll tell the hubby "Dad you have to turn it this way like the other ones".
He brings all the dinner dishes in so dad can wash them after dinner.
He helps pack his lunch.
Geez I could go on but you get the point. Whatever your son is capable of at his age then he should be doing it. I had alot of responsibility as a kid and being the oldest and my brother got spoiled and now he is 23 living with my parents (nothing wrong with that) but he doesn't do ANYTHING and I want my lil guy to be self sufficient. It will help him in the long run.

Want to be a WW/Buddy member? Post in 'Contact Us' for more info and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsdayday1188 For This Useful Post: