Thread: PTO--ideas?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
PTO--ideas?

My daughter goes to a co-op preschool, all of the parents are very involved and one of the requirements in having your child enrolled is that each family must take on a committee or serve on the board. This year I served on the Art committee. I enjoyed it. Low stress, just making playdough and cutting out shapes and a little gluing of items for the teachers. Next year she will be one of the "big kids" at the school and generally speaking, the parents from this group are the ones who serve on the board. We have a few exceptions to this rule but they are generally families with an older child who has already gone through the school and are aware of how things work.

I'm considering running for the position of Fundraising. I know there is a lot involved in this (part of the requirements for families is a commitment to raise at least $150.00 in fundraising over the course of the school year). The preschool is a private, non profit school not affiliated with any religious groups.

So... here's my dilemna. I don't want to take on the task unless I think I can do a better job at it than the woman who has it this year. I've got some ideas that I think are good but I'm hoping to get suggestions from others to boost my chances of doing a good job.

This year we did spirit nights, selling wrapping paper/gifts, yankee candles, pampered chef, personalized artwork gifts (displaymyart.com) and we have an alumni dinner with a raffle in the works.

Can anyone tell me of fundraisers that worked well for your school or organization? I have a few ideas of my own, as I mentioned, but I'd really like to know what has worked for others. Thanks.