View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM

RE: Any tips on buying a house?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!
When we were looking for a new home 10 years ago, we were concerned about the monthly payments. We wanted something nice, but were not willing to pay $1500 to $2000 per month on a mortgage. My hubby and FIL are carpenters and we decided to buy an older home that has a good foundation. At first I was like "Oh no." when I saw the house. But when they told me what we could do with it in time, I agreed. I am sooooo thankful that we went this route.

The original house was 850 sq ft. We added on another 900 sq ft. A huge living room, bedroom, walk-in closets and large bathroom. Double sinks.

It's been 10 years and it almost paid off. We have only a few months more of payments on the original home and it will be paid for. The addition, we took four years to finish because we paid cash for everything we did. There were months that it just sat there until we built up our fund to do more and it was frustrating at times, because we wanted to be in the new part. But it was sooooo worth the wait. I am just tickled pink that our home is almost mortgage free.

Good luck with whatever you decide on doing. Watch HGTV and look at all the fixer uppers that they redo on the shows. You save so much money and get what you really want in a home.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadiepuss For This Useful Post: