View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM

RE: Any tips on buying a house?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Go to zillow.com and put in the zip code(s) of the area(s) you are interested in. You may also register and actually ask a question or two regarding what you see or what you may feel you don't have enough information on. You can also find enough information about the area that you CAN find property tax info. (I could give you my address right now and put property tax and hit google, and find the right website with it available).

As far as "ickies", it may be that you think that a home used is just something you can't accept right now. You may need to evolve a bit from that present feeling. If you think a good deal like a foreclosure indicate the people who had to give the home were somehow deficient, that's something you'll need to work on. Go look at some houses and make comparisons. One foreclosure/short sale may be a "boner" while the next one might be a gem.

The other option is to find an area that is active with building at the present time. You can find those on zillow, too. If you find a builder who is having a slow sales time, you may get in on deals with new housing that gives you benefits, ie, blinds and appliances, or upgrades or paying closing costs. Especially with inventory that is not moving, ie, sitting on the market more than six months.

Using Dayton, OH, I put in a bit of info in zillow.com and came up with this listing:

(example of home using zillow as a way to understand)

Ask yourself after looking at the listing, whether you believe you could clean enough to accept the house. If not, I would look at new housing with builders active in outlying areas.

This is just a suggestion on how to get started. You may not be that ready but that's ok.

Also, don't buy a house unless you absolutely are set with income in that the occupation of you or your husband is one that will always have work. Don't rush to buy a house because you heard rates are going up. Low rates are not a reason to buy a house when one may not be quite ready. And, make sure you check out the HOA, if you have one where you choose to live. It's not negotiable.

Last edited by Easy2save; 01-19-2013 at 01:10 PM.