Thread: Shoppers Card??
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:55 PM

RE: Shoppers Card??

97 Days Until Daytona 500!
Join the Welcome Wagon!

2015 YTD Savings: $3250
My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I asked more about the card today and talked with the manager. The cards will come out on September 30th. You will receive a large card (credit card size) and the smaller size one you can put on your key chain. The large one is nice to have, as it can be swiped right at the pumps at Holiday after you swipe your regular credit/debit card. I stopped by Holiday and it is already keyed to ask you if you have a gas card from Cub, and if so, to swipe it at that time.

For the points/cents off part. They do expire at 30 days from the time they are awarded. So say you purchase, $10 on the 5th, $15 on the 12th, $20 on the 17th and $5 on the 19th. The gas reward will be on your card until the 19th of the following month (if you have not used it) as it was not added to your card until you reached the $50 amount on the 19th. I wanted to make sure I understood that it did not come off the card on the 5th, which is when the first transaction was made towards it so I made her go over it twice.

With that all said, it definitely is a plus/minus type of thing. For those with little ones, it will be nice because you will not have to walk into the gas station to redeem your cents off coupons. But, you will no longer be able to take their gas coupons to competitors.

If you do not have your card on you at Cub, you do have the choice of typing in a ten digit code number instead of swiping your card and you will still receive your credits.

You will automatically receive a .05/gallon credit when you sign up for the card. You will receive an additional .05/gallon credit if you enter your email address at the time you sign up for the card (you do not need to give this to them, this is optional the only thing you have to fill out is name/address). By giving them your email address, it will automatically sign you up for their weekly email (if you are not already receiving this on Sundays now).

I think that is everything, but if I remember something else, I will let you know.
and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon Team!