View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 PM

RE: Craft of the Week (6/18-6/24): Cute Storage Box

Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
1) I cut my box in half to make two boxes that measure 6" high. You could just cut the top flaps off if you'd like a bigger box.

IMG_1039.jpg

2) I used the hot glue to secure the bottom flaps. I thought packing tape on the bottom would ruin the "look".

IMG_1040.jpg

3) I painted my box. I only painted the outside, but you can also paint the inside. Two coats is best.

IMG_1041.jpg

4) Figure out which side will be the back, and start securing your duct tape from the backside. Leave enough duct tape sticking up unstuck that you can fold it over the top edges. Once you've wrapped the entire box, press the duct tape carefully over the top edge nice and smooth.

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

5) I hot glued one of the Zebra print playing cards to the front center of the box so I can add a printed label.

That's it! Easy Peasy! I'm really excited about this since pretty bins & basket can be so expensive. This is way easier than other custom box tutorials I've seen. No mod-podging or pricey fabrics.

I'd love to see pictures of your version!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Colton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Reagan
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post: