View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 PM

RE: Oh, K-Mart. Why do you hate me?

Shopping Til I'm Dropping!

My Mood/Status:
thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellia View Post
Every time I go to K-Mart, there are some issues. I love their deals, but I feel like every time I'm in the store, I'm being harassed. I have had good coupon trips, but I have never had 2 good coupon trips in a row with K-Mart. Last week, every thing went well except they put 4 bottles of laundry detergent and 8 bottles of shampoo in one bag, which I did not notice until I got to my car because I was too busy watching the register while they're checking me out. Todays trip was extra special. I went to buy a new lawn mower because my brother has a love/hate relationship with lawn mowers. This is the 3rd lawn mower in the last couple years that we have bought. So here's my deal that I tried to do. First I stopped at Dillon's and got $150.00 in gift cards so I can get gas points. I had $10.00 on my K-Mart card and 2 $5.00 gift certificates. So, I went in

1 lawn mower
8 bic flex 3 razors

I tried to use 8 $3.00 coupons off the bic razors and this is where the troubles began. First, he took 15 min to read the coupon. Then they wouldn't scan. Then he called a helper over and he was like we can't take these. It says one coupon per purchase. I'm like yeah, I'm purchasing 8 razors. He was like no, no, no, no. I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah each razor is a purchase. I was very calm and smiled the whole time. And then he called the manager and explained what I was trying to do and he agreed with the employee that I could only use one coupon per purchase, so guess what. I had to have the whole order voided and start over. In the end, they locked my rewards card up because of the back to back transactions. It took them an hour and 30 min to check me out. I had 9 items. All the while other customers were huffing and puffing behind me because you know, K-Mart only has one lane open at any given time. I even offered to let them go before me on a couple of those transactions. They kinda rolled their eyes at me and wandered off. I'm like well, K-Mart is being k-mart. Why does k-mart have such good deals, but they're so painful to work with. Yes, in the end, I did get my one lawn mower and 8 razors, and I'm happy about that, but if k-mart would just get their coupon act together, they would be an awesome store. It makes me sad. How could k-mart be worse than my walmart. I thought nobody could do worse than Walmart when it came to couponing, but k-mart proudly took that torch away from my walmart. It's a shame.

Rant off.

Ellia.
Hi Ellia...

Sorry to hear about your experience, I felt like I wrote your post, ! Are you in CA? Indeed, it is sad to say it's expected, but it is no doubt that Kmart is last in line when it comes to coupons, but I give them credit by attempting to capture some of the competition, (they have me from Walmart), but some of their customer service skills are ruining their reputation......and so you're right when you say they need to get it together!