Thread: Fixing credit
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM

RE: Fixing credit

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's very important that you continue to pay all of your bills on time. If you can, pay over the amount due - try to round up to the next $10 mark (if your monthly payment is $125, round up to $130) - ESPECIALLY those with the higher interest rate. Do not ignore one bill to pay another off faster. That will do more harm to your credit rating. Three years ago, my DH and I combined three credit cards (all with over 10% interest) into a line of credit at our credit union that only had 7.75% interest. The savings we saw from changing that over immediately went into paying off our 4th card that much faster. Today we have one card we use on a regular basis for larger purchases and ALWAYS look for deals with no interest for 6 months, etc Everything else is totally paid off. Also, do not close any of your cards after you pay them off. It looks better to have credit available to you that you don't owe anything on then to have a bunch of closed cards on your credit report.

HTH.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!