View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM

RE: Any ideas for making more money?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My husband and I were struggling for a few years after we moved to washington. We had bills, no real budget and our gas up here was nearly 5 bucks a gallon, plus he had to commute to work. After we paid our bills and bought food we were lucky if we had enough to cover gas. We fought a lot and it created a lot of stress and a lot of problems in our relationship. I began to zone in on the budget, planning a real one. I regretted bills we were already tied into and marked them off to be paid with our next tax return so they would be gone for ever. We moved as soon as we could, I paid off our bills with our tax return and began to plan every single dime... I made the cheapest meals I could think up or find on the internet, I hit thrift stores for anything we needed and I went.to.school. This was the single most important thing I could have done. I now work full time as an EMT, we don't get paid much at all and infact I could argue that what we get paid for what we're responsible for in the field is a joke.. but its something. After a year or so I got us to a place to where we had no bills, had repaired our credit and began building a house! My car is nearly paid off and once that is done, I'll be having no more car payments in this house!! My student loans will be paid off with our next tax return and I'm providing an income to our household. My husband and I both work full time, he's military and I work public safety, neither are high paying jobs but we live much, much more comfortablly than most people. We aren't taking lavish vacations to the tropics or driving BMW's but we're stable and happy. I can not stress enough the importance of getting a career. There are all sorts of accelerated training programs that offer financial aid and will help you find a job after graduation. Without a trade, there isn't a lot you can do but settle for what everyone else is fighting each other for. Best of luck to you, I hope everything works out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post: