View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM

RE: Any ideas for making more money?

My name is Valerie. Feel free to call me Val.

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie roll View Post
What would be your plan for insurance in KY? And how much income would be needed to maintain the home every month? And how are the classes paid for? And transportation to and from the classes and job? Sorry for so many questions - I am a former teacher and a planner it does sound like living rent free as long as possible is the way to go. Could he take the classes in CA and find work there?
He'll be taking phlebotomy classes here (California) in February which'll be over in May. (The class is a lot cheaper here than in Louisville, which is where we'll be moving.)

We need $6,000-ish just to make it livable, then like about $30,000 to actually make it a good house. That's still a ton cheaper than buying a new house. Expenses shouldn't be too awful aside from that, just basic bills and such. I'm pretty confident that I can get my old job back when we move again, and there are a lot of hospitals in Louisville, so DH should be able to find a job pretty easily. (That's not to say we won't be looking in other places to be safe.)

He gets financial aid for his classes here. I walk to work (the second job will also be walking distance), and he'll take the bus to classes.

And the questions are fine, really, it helps to make sure I haven't missed anything.