View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 PM

RE: Question about Pure Protein

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

j1234 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!j1234 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!j1234 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!j1234 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!j1234 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!j1234 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
with your IP and their selling price, they should be able to adjust the face value to .99 (although they will get full $1 when submitted to clearing house UNLESS they mark (or cancel) the barcode and write .99 on the coupon).

did cashier reject your IP? if they took your IP for .99 and you just paid tax (if any), they were correct.

as to question #1, I don't know of the legality regarding stores adjusting coupon values to match their sale price with them keeping the overage. There are other stores doing this that I know of. Either customers continue to use their coupons there or they go to WM and get the excess amount from their coupons.

as to your question #2 on the .01 being absorbed in case you're buying other items, it can ONLY be absorbed if you're buying another "like" item. Let's say you have 1 IP and buying 2 of the same item, I'm pretty sure, your IP will go through without a beep. BUT, if you're using the overage to cover for other items that is not from the same mfr, the register will reject your IP with msg that amount has exceeded sale price. That is when cashier has to do the necessary adjustment. I learned this with a $3 Schick razor sold by WAG and I had $4 any Schick razor MQs. The SM said I can buy 4 razors, use 3 MQs so there'll be no adjustment and I still get them all free. 4 razors = $12, my total coupon value was $12 which means the overage on the 2 MQs were applied to the other razors I bought.

HTH.
Nothing happened, actually - they refused to do anything and seemed confused/insulted as to why I'd suggest a modification (to either the item price or the coupon amount). They basically told me, "Sorry, we won't take your coupon. It's MORE than the price." So I put them back. I was honestly confused as to why they couldn't price adjust the bars to $1 when I had just finished having them price adjust my Almay because of the BB Q not working.

Thanks for the reminder about the legality of it all - I know Target has been in trouble for doing exactly that, pocketing the overage.

I just want my free protein bars, dangit!

I'll try a different store tomorrow.