View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 AM

RE: Heartworms? Fleas? Help!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloponyrider View Post
I'd still use flea prevention year round. We didn't last winter and ended up with tons of fleas in the house. We live in the country and have a large Rottweiler. We had freezing temps for 30+ days, then it warmed for a week, then froze again. That's all it took. I still have scars on my legs from the flea bites.

And now the fleas are back. We can't use the spot on treatments. She manages to ingest them, even if the vet applies it. So it's not us doing it wrong. I am going to demand the vet give us Revolution next time. I have a 2 month old baby and can't deal with fleas in the house too!
If your dog is ingesting the fleas she can get tapeworms, which can spread to humans. I would discuss with the vet on doing a prevention dose of drontal +

Whenever the weather starts to warm up you should always start flea prevention back up. The slightest shift in temperature will bring fleas.

Is she ingesting the prevention? Are you applying it to the back of the neck?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Cardi Shea
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Dora
, and Larry
The Following User Says Thank You to kluered13 For This Useful Post: