View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 AM

RE: Heartworms? Fleas? Help!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kluered13 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Im a vet tech:
Heartworm and flea prevention should be used year round. Fleas can jump on you and travel in your house to your pet even in the winter. If you live in a region where the ground freezes and stays frozen for 30 days, then you can discontinue flea prevention until the ground begins to defrost and then it is back on the prevention. Heartworm year round whatever region you are in. Online pet pharmacies do not have contracts with the makers of flea products, its all purchased from "another" source so you don't know what you are paying for, it could be something different than what is stated on the box. If you pet becomes sick on these prevention meds, companies will not pay for vet treatment if it is found to be purchased online. Online product boxes and vet product boxes are different, so they will know if you bought it online. Also the medication in Advantix for dogs is dangerous in cats, which it can cause seizures and death. It is discouraged to use Advantix on a dog that comes in contact with any cats, its that deadly. OTC flea meds from the grocery store, etc, often cause seizures and death in cats and small dogs and usually don't work on a little bit bigger dogs.

If you dog is on Heartgard and you have vet invoices to prove it, you dog does contract heartworms, Merial will cover most or all the vet bills. You will pay very little out of pocket. Same with fleas. Revolution burned a whole in my cats skin and burnt the fur off, I contacted Revolution and because it wasn't medically needed to be treated, no meds needed for healing, they gave me another 6month supply for my other cat. As long as vet tells the company it is believed that the heartworm or flea prevention cause this problem the companies will pay for vet bills.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Cardi Shea
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Dora
, and Larry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kluered13 For This Useful Post: