Thread: Hibiscus care
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 PM

RE: Hibiscus care

Loves her friends :)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Granny..we have the same type of weather here in Arkansas....you can plant the hibiscus outside, but you must protedt it from freezing....and make sure if you plant outside to make sure the area has good drainage. Also, if the temps get above 95 you might have trouble..keep it well watered..the flower buds may fall off from the heat, but it won't die. although the hibiscus is tropical, it does not like high, dry temps. Oh, and another thing..if you plant outside, make sure you only water when absolutely necessary in the winter or you could wind up with a nasty root fungus (the hibiscus, not you hon ) If your plant stays in below freezing temps more than half a day or so, it is probably gonna die.....and lastly..if you do have to cover it,, make sure you use a material that won't cause your plants foilage to lose moisture..I think it's call transpirant or anti-transpirant or something like that......I was extremely foolish this year and covered some plants with regular carpenter's plastic and lost a large amount of plants...when I knew better! hope this helps