Thread: Hibiscus care
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 06:03 PM
May you believe in the Risen Christ as Saviour
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hibiscus care

Mother's Day 2007:

Son brought by a large hibiscus plant (lovely deep coral flower) and said "Happy Mother's Day - I'll be over later to help plant it." Wonderful! Beautiful plant from handsome son!

30 minutes later: Daughter #1 came over, said, "Happy Mother's Day," and presented me with 2 potted hibiscus plants - one trained to be a "tree" and the other a bush - both potted. (One from her, and other from daughter #2 in Georgia.) Now I have 3 hibiscus plants.

Living in NC where the temps range from near 100 in summer to "0" in winter, I have my concerns about the care and keeping of these hibiscus bushes.
  1. Do I plant them in the ground and expect them to shed leaves in winter and green up again in spring and bloom?
  2. In order for them to survive, do I have to pot them in containers and place them in the garage (it will still get pretty cold in there in winter) in order for them to survive the winter?

Now I'll sit back and let the experts chat away with my directions for the care and keeping of hibiscus plants in NC.
GG

P.S. Son #2 and Daughter #3 still unaccounted for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We love Him because He first loved us. I John 4:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Who among us would ask our children for a loan,
so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?" Gov. Jindal