View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:09 AM

RE: Heartworms? Fleas? Help!

holy cow, batman - overwhelmed

My Mood/Status:
jamel has posted more than 200 great deals!jamel has posted more than 200 great deals!jamel has posted more than 200 great deals!
Yes, the heartworm prevention should be year round. Trust me - you want to do it. I know it is expensive but not nearly as bad as paying for treatment if your pup actually gets heartworm. (we're going through this with Lola, the little beagle who adopted us).

As far as ticks, I think that depends on the region. I believe, though I'm not positive, that if you live somewhere that gets deep freezes then you don't need tick prevention in winter.

Also, 2 different vets have cautioned us against using sites such as 1800petmeds for heartworm prevention. Apparently if you buy the pills from the vet they come with an 'insurance' policy. So if your dog gets heartworm, the company will pay for treatment. This is not the case otherwise.

HTH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I feel like all I do at work is look at afullcup.com and feel like I'm missing out on all the good deals!

Tragic, isn't it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jamel; 03-19-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: my grammar is awful these days!
The Following User Says Thank You to jamel For This Useful Post: